20090120

Whale of Win

Vehicle Type: Sea
Class: E
Armor: 24%
Threat Level: 53%
Speed: 23%
Information: Hey guys! Guess what I saw while wandering like the space wanderer that I am? An empire’s game show!!

The game show is called The Whale of Win. It’s a kind of reality show where if you spot the ship at any port town and approach it, you could win your mass in money. The thing is, when word gets out that they are filming the game show, the ship gets out of the location before it becomes a mob fest. And from what I understand, it has in the past.

But I did finally see a filming of this show after picking up signals from its early air broadcasts. And, wow, I had no idea just how old the show is and how much it has evolved. The boat has changed from a very cartoon-looking whale to one that is more contemporary to the culture’s aesthetic taste. The awards they give out got more and more extravagant. They even started a new bonus round where you spin a wheel that could multiply your winnings if you hit a certain minimum.

Unfortunately, I didn’t make it on the show. But, hey, it was fun to watch.