20081118

Golden East Buildings

Heh, sorry about not posting any updates until now. Those art documentaries are just so fascinating to me, despite the fact that my race primarily favors technology and engineering information. I guess I’m just different and can see something they don’t.

Oh well, while I was visiting The Art House, I discovered a new section of the city of Aamsef had been redeveloped with and Earth Asian motif.


Structure Type: Government
Information: This impressive building is apparently the districts governing office. The two towers are said to represent the two functions of government: the legal side and the diplomatic side. They have a very impressive court room where guests can take tours when there isn’t a state trial going on. It’s rather beautiful, I have to admit. Naturally, they wouldn’t let anyone in to the diplomatic side of the building for security reason.

On the tour, they will often point out various form of ancient artwork that traces the history of the building and/or the governing body. It's a rather boring tour unless you like history. Which I don't.


Structure Type: Residential
Information: Now, what’s interesting about this area is that these houses seem to dot the area at an enormous rate! From what I was told, they are the homes of the various actors and actresses that perform nightly at one of the many theatres in the district. They are paid for by the government as a tribute to their art and craft in entertaining. The most successful actors don’t have bigger houses, which I like. I wish we would adopt that on my "ex"-home world with how we celebrate inventors and engineers, but it’s a cultural thing.


Structure Type: Commercial
Information: These buildings are the giant theatres that dominate the area. They form a wall that surrounds the district and each one features a different stage play. Now, they are not strictly limited to the Earth Asian style of theatre. They do all sorts of art forms from around the universe! The largest of these building is an intergalactic art gallery displaying works that have been collected from various planets.

The art gallery has been under protest form its construction, from what I understand. Something about questionable methods used when acquiring certain items. Many races have gone so far to say that they were stolen from their home planets or empires!