20080831

No Updates for Two Weeks

My new assistant sent me an e-mail with his profile. The problem is, he’s a bit of a practical joker and sent me two other profiles of two other alien races that work where I work. Something about how I’ll be meeting them anyway, so I should be familiar with their cultural quirks.

The e-mail also said that this would be the last set I would get for the next two weeks. During this time I’ll be undergoing orientation for my new position, with new rules and responsibilities given to me that I’ll be expected to uphold. I’ll also be given an explanation into the rating systems we use at this time. Apparently, we have at least three different ways to rate things and a handful more on how we classify alien technology.

I might as well get these three profiles out of the way so I can spend Labor Day sleeping in. Orientation starts Tuesday.

~Zeek Slider