20080830

An Assistant & A New Job

I got a phone call on my cell just a while ago saying that I’ll be getting a new assistant who will be working in my old office while my replacement is off observing and recording alien life on another planet.

I’m told that he’s a bit unusual but helpful. I’m also told he’s from another planet and I’ll be getting the first draft of his race’s profile before the weekend is up. I’m also going to be e-mailed new information of some new job responsibilities given my new position. I’m told it’s not a promotion, as I’ll be doing what I’ve been doing for the last two months. However, the Board of Directors feel that while I’ve declassified several alien races so far, I should continue publishing information that they’ve collected. Including some of the information that I haven’t seen yet for one reason or another.

And here I was hoping to spend the Labor Day Weekend sleeping in.

~Zeek Slider